The Western Carolina Arabian Horse Association currently offers 2 levels of memberships. The Adult or Junior Memberships include an affiliate membership with the Arabian Horse Association. The adult membership is a voting membership and the number of voting delegates the club receives at the Regional and National level is based on the number of adult members. A membership with AHA is required for both the owner and rider/handler at any AHA sanctioned show (direct membership to AHA is more expensive than joining WCAHA as an affiliate member and does not include voting privileges). WCAHA memberships also include a subscription to the Arabian News.
WCAHA members and youth members are eligible to enter their horse(s) in the Club's High Point Awards Program AT NO CHARGE. In order to be eligible, a nomination form must be completed and returned prior to the competition year (November 1 through October 31.) See below for complete details.
If you don’t plan to show or compete, you can enjoy all the other benefits of membership for only $40.
For more information on WCAHA membership, email Patti Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Membership Application
WCAHA AWARD AND RECOGNITION PROGRAM
- Open to all WCAHA members and youth members.
- Divisions for recognition are: Adult division: Class A, Futurity and Open shows, Youth division: Class A, Futurity and Open shows, Competitive Trail, Endurance and Racing, Sport Horse and Recreational riding. Divisions may be further divided into category (Saddleseat English, Western, Hunt, Purebred and Partbred) provided entries warrant (at least 2 horses in each category).
- Points are earned from November 1 - October 31st. Nominations may be sent at any time during the year, however, nominations made after April 30th will result in only points earned after that nomination date being counted.
- $10.00 Nomination fee to be sent in for EACH horse to enter awards and recognition program. Please send fee with nomination form.
- Members will provide proof of placing via an Awards form/logsheet or show bill which gives all needed information (i.e. name of horse, name of owner and rider, name of class, number of horses in class, placing, name of event).
- Points from Class A/AHA recognized shows will be tallied from the AHA website by horse registration number (Make sure you include this information on entry form). All awards forms, logsheets or show bills from nonrecognized AHA shows or Open shows must be submitted to the Awards Secretary before the closing date of October 31st (postmarked).
2014 Highpoints Winners | 2013 Highpoints Winners | 2011 Highpoints Winners | Rules & Forms